Friday 17 April 2020

I'm Back!

It's been 4 years since my last blog. I cannot remember why I stopped but am glad I managed to remember my log-in. I traced my photo collection to see where I left off and hope to continue this photo blog on a more regular basis. As I rummaged through my photo collection, I came across photographs I took of Kallang Airport and thought deserved mention.
Kallang Airport
This art-deco styled airport was officially opened in 1937 and ceased operations in 1955. The aircraft which used to land frequently was the Douglas DC-3. I understand that the current Old Aiport Road was the runway.

Today, this building stands beside Nicoll Highway as a reminder of a time gone by. It does not look run down but lays unused. I always thought that it would make a great entertainment or exhibition venue. It would also make a fine looking office. Such a pity to see it sit there as a white elephant.
One thing I am thankful for is they did not tear it down. I hope it is gazetted as heritage building.
Reminder of a time gone by
Front entrance of the airport

No comments: