Sunday 23 November 2014

A New Toy

After a period of resistance, I succumbed to a new toy. A wonderful work of art which blends old world manual focus with new world digital photography. Those in the know will know the camera I am referring to. It is too expensive for me to afford brand new. To further defray the cost, I traded in my old camera and an old lens for this pre-owned (aka second-hand) camera. Buying stuff second hand is always a risk. That's why I only buy it from this one camera store at Peninsula Shopping Centre. I bought my previous camera (also second hand) from him too.

Armed with my new toy, I headed out into the night to take some photos. It was a dark and stormy night and as the rain fell, I found a shelter across the road from this temple along Telok Ayer Street.
The reflection from the wet floor, which gave this temple a special glow
Close-up shot of the dragons on the roof
When the rain subsided, I headed to the Marina Bay area and got a shot of Marina Bay Sands. I also dug up an old photo I took some months earlier with the camera I traded in. Frankly, it is difficult to compare which is better because I did some processing to the images.

Taken with "New Toy"
Taken with the camera I traded in (aka old camera)
Regardless, I am very pleased with my purchase. In case you are wondering what the big deal is, the new toy has a full frame sensor while the old camera had a crop factor of 1.5. Again, for those in the know, you know what I bought. Hahaha.

No comments: