Friday 31 January 2014

A New Lease of Life

I am back :)

My Iron Horse has been given a new lease of life :)
I overcame the temptation to buy a new bicycle, thanks to my favourite bike shop guy. Yes, I trust him with the life of my bike :) He is a wonderful guy. I asked him if he could help me put together a carbon fibre mountain bike and his immediate response was, "No point lah…..it is very expensive." He then gave me a piece of advice which will forever be etched in my brain. He said, "It is all in the wheels. Get a good wheel set and you will not be disappointed." I immediately saw the analogy with my other hobby - photography. The advise I always give to novice photographers starting out to build a camera system is "Buy the best lenses you can afford. Lenses last a lifetime. Camera bodies get obsolete within a year!"
Anyway, back to my bike. It is now decked with brand new Fulcrum Red Metal 3 wheels and disc brakes. She rides like a charm. I have taken her out for a couple of rides and she rides like the wind. As a bonus, my wheels now come with disc brakes. I use one of those iPhone apps to track my rides and on one of the routes, I averaged 0.5 km/h faster than my normal pace. It may not seem a big number in absolute terms but it feels a lot faster :) The mind is a powerful but strange thing :p
Fulcrum Red Metal 3
Park Connectors of Singapore, beware….I'm back !

3 comments:

adLibber said...

Ride Forest, ride! .... :p

T Bubbles said...

….where are the chocolates? :p

adLibber said...

... in the box. :p