Saturday 10 March 2012

I Wonder Wonder Wonder

I thought I would dedicate a post to some of the things I see happen around me and for which I have no explanation, hence the title of this blog.
If anyone has an explanation, please enlighten me.

1) Double Vision
Am I seeing double?
There seems to be an initiative to give estates names. I guess this is equivalent to upgrading for private estates. They are welcomed to install a lift at my house but I guess that will never happen.
Work around this area, at the entrance to our estate, took many months. It seemed almost a year. Nobody knew what was going on and when it was unveiled, it turned out to be 2 signs with the same name - Thomson Hills.....duh? Why 2 signs? I guess it is their way of saying they care :) What a waste of .... money. My son thought one of them could be a banner post. What banner? The only time we see banners is once in 5 years.
Note : On 13 March, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that a banner had been put up. Yes ! We now we have our own banner :) Thank you for remembering us.

2) Slow Lift
They actually installed a slow lift :)
I spotted this at a car park lift at a major building in Singapore. Interesting that they took the trouble to explain so politely that this is a hydraulic lift and it will be slow. You have been warned. BTW, I rode the lift and indeed, it is extremely slow....faster to walk. Hmmm....maybe that was the idea.

3) Bangkok
If I had to use an adjective to describe Bangkok, it would be eclectic. This Lamborghini and motorised tricycle were spotted on the same street :) Love the creativity of this buzzing city.



Baby blue?
Love the creativity











4) Food for Thought
I spotted this signage along the driveway of an office building. No prizes for guessing where this building is located.
I checked and I am sure there is no car .....

5) Ronald in Thailand
So refreshing to see the adaptation of western culture for the Asian market. That's respect :)
Sawadeekap




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha .... Touche!

Anonymous said...

Yah...the slow lift phenomenon :p

It's part of the unspoken "Keep Healthy - why ride when you can walk - campaign". See how clever my campaign slogan is? It encapsulates every form of transport from the lift, to bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, cars, to buses to LRTs. Have I included every form of transport? Oh wait... it particularly applies to MRTs. :p

Anonymous said...

Re the sign posted, it should have read, ".... We appreciate your understanding on its lack of SPEED". :p

T Bubbles said...

Hahaha...well said. Hmmm...looks like the MRT is not the only thing that has broken down :p

Anonymous said...

Sawadee ka. :)

Wei... I almost missed the add-ons to this post. I guess the numbering should be a clue. But I still almost didn't scroll down. Perhaps a new post for a new observation and title it "I wonder... 7", "I wonder... 8" etc...? Anyway...

1. What banner ah? Why Thomson Hills so special got your own banner? :p For rich people, is it? Live in big house, one. :p
3/4. Great contrast. I actually prefer the motorised tricycle. Including the interior fittings... hahaha... It's cool! The picture lah... Not sure about riding in it in hot, humid, polluted streets. :p Although, really don't also see the point of a Lamborghini in BKK traffic! :o Hentak kaki... hahaha
5. Er... a bit slow. Any clues on which building it is that's so obvious for which there are no prizes for correct guesses? I would like to visit and see if there's anything stuck to people's er... gluten maximus. :p That's really funny! Classic... hahaha...
6. Woah...for a change, some sensitivity from the land of Ronald MacDonald. :p Or perhaps it's the local staff's initiative. Either way, it was a great call!

Interesting observations, Mr T. ;)